The Mission of the Efficiency Council is to support energy efficiency and demand response policies and programs for all Californians to create sustainable jobs, long-term economic vitality, stable and reasonably priced energy systems, and environmental improvement.
The purpose of the Efficiency Council is to:
- Have a strong, fact-based and balanced efficiency industry voice before, state and national policymakers ;
- Inform the industry of events, legislation and regulation that affect their businesses;
- Provide networking, outreach, training, and business and workforce development services for the efficiency industry;
- Connect members to national and other state/regional efficiency business opportunities.
The goals of the Efficiency Council are:
- Effective, long-term and appropriate energy efficiency and demand response policies that benefit from the experience and expertise of the organizations that provide demand side products and services; and
- More effective, successful and sustained energy efficiency and demand response applications, technologies, systems, and businesses.
Governance and Operating Structure
The Efficiency Council is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) mutual benefits corporation with a Board of Directors elected to represent its California industry members. Services provided by the Efficiency Council are provided through our staff, contracted consultants, and a combination of volunteer support from the Board Directors and member companies. As a responsible organization, the Efficiency Council has professional anti-trust, conflict of interest and client confidentiality protection policies.